[AstroPy] ANN: vo.table 0.6 released

Russell Owen rowen at uw.edu
Wed Jul 21 18:06:12 EDT 2010

I like PyPI for serving source code.

I am not personally very impressed with binary eggs -- in my limited
experience it's easy to install in an incompatible system or have
easy_install get confused and download stuff you've already got. In
fact I use pip instead of easy_install partly for this reason (also to
avoid easy_install's mega-pth file).

For Mac OS X I prefer to ordinary installers using bdist_mpkg. If you
go that route you could serve the source code from PyPI and have a
link to a separate site for downloading binary installers.

-- Russell