[AstroPy] Aperture photometry

Stefano Covino stefano.covino at brera.inaf.it
Fri Apr 15 00:56:49 EDT 2011

Dear Sergio, apparently the world is full of python aperture
photometry routines!

Although, in most cases, people did not manage (yet) to make them
really available. And indeed do did I. I wrote a set of "not-
organized" python scripts to deal with typical practical problems in
our research group (http://www.merate.mi.astro.it/utenti/covino/usermanual.html
). Among these scripts there is also an aperture photometry routine
which considers the fraction of pixels contribution evaluated
integrating a curve within the limit of the pixel (yes, it is
slow...). Indeed the goal of the set of script dealing with photometry
is to provide a tool to compute magnitudes for a set of stars with
many frames of the same field not perfectly aligned. The script finds
common triangles between the reference frames and each one in input,
finds a rototraslation (or a subset of it) to get the position of your
stars in the new frame, and then derive a full light-curve.
However, it seems to me that a lot of people provided you with
reliable solutions. In the unlikely case, please feel free to grab
everything you need from my code, although documentation is... let's
say, under development.

	Stefano