[AstroPy] About FITS format

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:29:08 EDT 2011

FITS, as such, doesn't have the concept of color space. People have
found ways of using fits to hold RGB images and the like, but
generally, a FITS image is usually taken through one filter. It's
usually up to someone to combine images from different filters into a
color image. But perhaps you have one of these "color" images already.
If so, where did you get it? What does the header show?

Perry