[AstroPy] AstroPy BoF meeting at SciPy

Matt Davis mrdavis at stsci.edu
Fri Jul 8 18:13:05 EDT 2011

James, thanks for organizing! I'll just warn you that of the 9 people who have signed on at the wiki, six of us are developers at STSCI. Though I am planning to drag in another outside voice in the form of an astronomy grad student.

As someone who does not do research I'm very curious to learn more about what astronomers would actually find most useful in astropy. Maybe one thing we could do at SciPy is brainstorm some features we think are likely to be the most popular in astropy (and provide the best foundation), and then we can poll the community for input before the fall meeting.

Looking forward to SciPy!

Best,
Matt Davis

P.S. I will be around during the sprints.