[AstroPy] Coding Guidelines draft (comments encouraged)

Prasanth oneaufs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 04:32:32 EDT 2011

Hello,

Is it possible to develop/discuss the core package layout/template along
with the coding guidelines?

The coding guidelines is very general, as it will be until a consensus is
reached. But I find it is easier to think about some of the guidelines, if I
can think in terms of something concrete.

For example, on the question of  Python 3.x compatibility and meeting the
core layout/template at the same time, I would like to think about how I
should manage the practical aspects of my coding such as the style,
directory layout, setuptools/distutils usage etc., in a way that it make it
easier to meet these. Similarly, if I am to use a global configuration
setting, how would I go about coding the package so that I can test my
package, before submitting it for inclusion?

I am likely to understand and make suggestions on the guidelines, if I can
think in terms of what I already know, as it allows me to weigh the pros and
cons.

Thanks,
Prasanth

http://astropy.wikispaces.com/Astropy+Documentation+Guidelines