[AstroPy] proposal for astropy version control software and respository

Victoria G. Laidler laidler at stsci.edu
Fri Jul 15 16:24:15 EDT 2011

For those of us who are not very familiar with git and github, can someone
suggest a source for additional information?

I'd also like to note that in the discussion of the previous "simple
yes/no poll", several people raised objections that this was too coarse
a metric and that there is value in being able to signify "yes but" or
"don't care" & so on. I'd like to second those objections and request
that the Coordinating Committee formulate polls that allow more nuance.