[AstroPy] Plan to port astropy to python3?

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Tue Jun 7 11:15:25 EDT 2011

That's something we are thinking about now. So far we haven't seen any
major shift by science users in general to Python 3, so if there are
significant efforts out there that wish to use Python 3, let us know.
If we don't hear of any, we may delay future Python 3 ports until the
user base is growing. It is more likely we will support it with more
general libraries such as pywcs than with our applications.

Perry