[AstroPy] Proliferating py-astro-libs

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:26:22 EDT 2011

I'd like to suggest that we start figuring out who is interested in contributing to a common astronomy package, and what you are most interested in. To get things moving, I created a simple wiki page here:

http://astropy.wikispaces.com/developers

Please add your name to register interest, and what areas you are interested in (feel free to add areas). This will make it easier to judge interest for face-to-face meetings and for coordinating working groups to focus on various areas. I picked the wiki host at random, but of course we can move anytime if you have a better solution (for example if we use GitHub for development, we can use the project wiki on there).

Note, should we create a new mailing list, say astropy-dev for people interested in actual development, as opposed to people who just want to use stuff and have questions?

Cheers,
Tom