[AstroPy] Proliferating py-astro-libs

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:42:49 EDT 2011

> What single person or small group will be the organizer? Not BDFL, or
> even BDFN (.. for now), but somebody to guide the discussion, take
> notes, document the current state of the decisions so far, etc.
>
> Any volunteers?
>
> If we have more than one, shall we hold an election?
I agree, and am worried that if we don't then the discussion will die out and come back next year (after all, we just need to look at the July 2010 discussions on the mailing list, and other ones before that...). I propose that anyone interested in taking on the responsibility of moderating the conversation and decision making process declare that they are interested in doing so by Thursday evening on the wiki page. I've added a section "Candidates to temporarily moderate the discussions/decisions" at

http://astropy.wikispaces.com/developers

If there is more than one person by Thursday evening, then we can create a poll and have people vote on Friday. If you are interested in the overall planning but not leading, then add yourself to the overall planning/big picture stuff. People in that category could be part of a kind of 'steering' committee.

I would love to see this project actually happen, however long it takes to get there, and I think we should get things started, so I'll probably add myself as a candidate. I'd be happy to try and keep track of decisions that have been made, organize votes, and try and steer things in the direction we want to go in. But if anyone feels that they would like to do this, then please add your name to the list!

Cheers,
Tom