[AstroPy] Deployment and packaging

Éric Depagne eric at depagne.org
Thu Jun 16 07:01:26 EDT 2011

> Is Linux, then, the main problem as far as "easy Python
> [+numpy/scipy/matplotlib] installations" go?
To my knowledge of various distributions, installing python/numpy/scipy is
very easy when running linux, it's just a matter of asking your package
installer to do so, and here it goes.
Of course, one has to know that it's done this way, but I suspect that it's
not the biggest hurdle (maybe I'm wrong, I do not know).

Éric.