[AstroPy] POLL: vision for a common Astronomy package

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:16:43 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

In the last week, Erik, Perry, and myself have been discussing how
best to coordinate the development of the common Python Astronomy
package. We have now converged on a common vision, and would now like
to know whether you would be happy with it too. The vision and a
poll are available at the following pages:

vision: http://astropy.wikispaces.com/vision

poll: http://astropy.wikispaces.com/vision-polls

In addition, 'astropy' has been suggested by several people as a name
for this common package, so rather than creating a multi-option poll,
we've created a simple yes/no poll to find out whether you would agree
with this name. The idea is to have a name that does not endorse any
specific existing project, is in line with numpy/scipy, and reflects
its initial development via this mailing list. The poll is located at
the same URL as before.

The polls will be open unti Friday 1st July at 9pm EST.

Thanks!
Thomas