[AstroPy] POLL: vision for a common Astronomy package

Stefan Czesla stefan.czesla at hs.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jun 28 05:32:04 EDT 2011

Dear all,

first I would like to thank Tom, Perry, and Eric for their work. I agree
with Marshall, a binary vote
may be little restrictive to vote on such a complex issue. What
irritated me a little more, however,
is that the vision was not put up for discussion before the community
was asked to vote on it. At
least this has not been stated explicitly and the vision does not
contain a reference to a place (maybe
this list) were the comments can be made. Even though nobody stops
anybody from making
any comments, this does not mean that they will be considered at any
time (there hardly would be time
until the vote closes).
I do not think that this is all stuff, which can be done later.
So it is the presentation (not necessarily the vision), which I find a
little irritating. As we are in
a learning process, it is necessary to put this on the table right now;
so please take this as
constructive criticism and not complaining.

Cheers,
Stefan