[AstroPy] Ubuntu packages and state of AstroLib

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 17 10:00:57 EDT 2011

The tests are designed for use with nosetests.

I admit the tests are rather incomplete -- at STScI pywcs is mainly tested within the context of other tools (e.g. betadrizzle) that use it.  It's probably worth investing a little time to add more low-level unit tests.

The wcsset_ issue is to support compilation on MS-Windows.  As wcslib did not accept the patch upstream, we have had to maintain it in our local copy.  But that could probably be improved using #defines or some such to make this easier for packagers to use a system copy of wcslib.

BTW -- be careful interchanging the terms "wcslib" and "libwcs" -- they are different projects with different licenses.

Cheers,
Mike