[AstroPy] ATpy 0.9.5 Release

Astronomical Python astropython at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:14:41 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of ATpy 0.9.5!

ATpy is a Python package providing a high-level Table class that can
contain data and meta-data, and includes column manipulation, row
selection, and sorting methods. In addition, read and write methods are
provided to to seamlessly read and write table data to a number of formats,
building on existing Python modules. More information and links to download
the latest version of ATpy can be found at http://atpy.github.com/

Note that we have now migrated the website and source code repository to
GitHub. The website is now located at http://atpy.github.com/, while the
source code can be found at https://github.com/atpy/atpy.

The main changes in this version are:

  - ATpy is now released under an MIT license

  - support for writing out arbitrary tables via the asciitable module

  - support for copying all column metadata in one go when creating a new
    column based on an old column, for example:

      >>> t.add_column('b', column_header=t.columns[a])

  - preliminary support for querying online services such as IRSA and the
    virtual observatory

In addition, this release includes improvements to HDF5 input/output and
minor bug fixes. A detailed list of changes can be found in the CHANGES
file.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you encounter any problems with
this release,

Cheers,

Thomas Robitaille and Eli Bressert