[AstroPy] import problem (matplotlib ? numpy ?) on Mac Intel, python 2.6

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Mon May 16 11:55:59 EDT 2011

On 16 May 2011, at 17:02, Jean-Baptiste Marquette wrote:

>   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
> python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
>     import multiarray
> ImportError: No module named multiarray
>
> I use the latest 1.6.0 version of numpy and 1.0.0 one of matplotlib.
>
> My so little experience tells me that this is a deep numpy issue
> rather than a matplotlib one.

If you have a complete installation of numpy, multiarray should be
present there
in ./numpy/core as well - this might point to a version problem (like
32 bit vs. 64 bit)...
Could you get more information on the architecture e.g. with

file /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/
site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so
file $(which jython)

HTH,
						Derek