[AstroPy] import problem (matplotlib ? numpy ?) on Mac Intel, python 2.6

Jean-Baptiste Marquette marquett at iap.fr
Mon May 16 14:18:29 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

You made my day. I installed from the default Mac disk image file. I recompiled from source archive with -arch x86_64 and fixed the problem. It works from a terminal, not from NetBeans 6.9.1. However, I made a giant leap today !

Thanks,

JB

> Hi JB,
>
> How did you install Numpy? I've seen that kind of error before when there is something wrong with the compilation of the C code for Numpy.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
>
> On May 16, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Jean-Baptiste Marquette wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I replaced jython by python in my script, and I got the same error from import atpy.
>>
>> I tried the 1.5.1 version of Numpy, without success.
>>
>> It seems this is more serious than previously expected... There is something wrong in the kingdom of numpy...
>>
>> Cheers
>> JB
>>
>> I got the same problem

>>> If you have a complete installation of numpy, multiarray should be
>>> present there
>>> in ./numpy/core as well - this might point to a version problem (like
>>> 32 bit vs. 64 bit)...
>>> Could you get more information on the architecture e.g. with
>>>
>>> file /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/
>>> site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so
>>> file $(which jython)
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> 						Derek

Bien cordialement/Very truly yours/Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Jean-Baptiste Marquette
Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris
CNRS - UMR 7095
Université Pierre & Marie Curie