[AstroPy] Practical Python for Astronomers web tutorial

Frederic Grollier fred.grollier at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:20:03 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:29:09PM -0500, Dr. Juan E Cabanela Ph.D. wrote:

> t5 = atpy.Table(raw,type='ascii', fill_values=fill_values)
>
> fails for me.  In fact, there appears to be no way to get atpy.Table to fill
> values automatically as it triggers an error
>
> TypeError: read() got an unexpected keyword argument 'fill_values'
>
> I hope this can be fixed and if someone can tell me how to use fill_values
> within ATpy that would be appreciated.

This code snippet works for me here, using ATpy.0.9.5.1 and
asciitable.0.5.2. In the case of type='asciitable', the read() method
delegates most of its work to asciitable, and so 'fill_values' should
be a feature of this module. As far as I can tell, the 'fill_values'
parameter was introduced in version 0.4.0 of asciitable, can you check
your version info for this ?

Cheers,
Fred.