[AstroPy] Practical Python for Astronomers web tutorial

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Fri May 27 12:53:12 EDT 2011

I think you could get started by allowing EPD to set up its environment
as normal and then setting "iraf" and "IMTOOLRC" (and possibly "host")
to point to scisoft (compare with what they're currently set to). You
might need to set "tmp" too (don't ask why). Of course you'll also need
to add the "bin" directory with all the symbolic links to "cl" etc. in
your "PATH". Disclaimer: I have no real experience with SciSoft and hear
it's IRAF setup is quite quirky, but this kind of thing works for my own
source installations. Following Chris's suggestions might be safest.

When you install PyRAF, I think you'll need the EPD environment set up
first.

Cheers,

James.