[AstroPy] A question about multiprocessing

Francesco Pierfederici fpierfed at stsci.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:00:28 EDT 2011

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

A possibly simpler way to do what I *think* you want to do is using
multiprocessing.Pool:

-------------
#!/usr/bin/env python
import multiprocessing as multi

def CatDistort(Image):
    print('Working on Image %s' % (Image))
    return('Processed ' + Image)

NPROC = 4
Images = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
pool = multi.Pool(processes=NPROC)

results = pool.map(CatDistort, Images)

print 'Process completed'

print(results)
exit(0)

But then again I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Francesco