[AstroPy] matplotlib's pie colors

Jonathan Slavin jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 30 09:27:39 EST 2011

Grigoris,

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you off the top of my head, but I
do have a recommendation: post questions specific to matplotlib to the
the matplotlib-users list (see:
many on the astropy list are matplotlib users, you're more likely to get
good and quick answers on matplotlib functionality there.

Jon

> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:52:25 +0200
> From: Grigoris Maravelias <gr.maravelias at gmail.com>
> Subject: [AstroPy] matplotlib's pie colors
> To: astropy at scipy.org
>
> Hello list!
>
> I have a question regarding the colors of the pie diagram of
> matplotlib.
> When no colors are assigned then the pie function automatically
> selects
> some colors, like the example image I have attached. But in this case
> the black color covers the text. How can we avoid this?Is there an
> easy
> (perhaps?) way to exclude a color?
>
> Of course there is not problem if I specifically select the colors but
> do not know how many parts exist beforehand (and I would like to
> assign
> it automatically).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
>
> Grigoris
Jonathan D. Slavin              Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu         60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981           Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
 cell: (781) 363-0035           USA