[AstroPy] Maximum likelihood fit to unbinned data

Jake Vanderplas vanderplas at astro.washington.edu
Thu Dec 27 13:13:32 EST 2012

Hi,
We discuss this sort of thing a bit in our upcoming book.  The text not yet published, but the figures and associated code are online.  We show one example of unbinned regression of Poisson counts within a Bayesian context, which you can see here:

   http://astroml.github.com/book_figures/chapter5/fig_poisson_continuous.html

The example is perhaps a bit opaque without the accompanying discussion in the text, but I thought you might find it helpful!
    Jake