[AstroPy] SciPy 2012

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Mon Jun 18 18:35:28 EDT 2012

On 18/06/12 17:26, Matthew Turk wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Where is the info on the astronomy mini-symposium?
>
> -Matt

It seems not to be up there yet, but what I believe we currently
have is 3 talks (AstroPy, the upcoming STScI-Gemini Python/IRAF
release and AstroML, which is an upcoming data mining & machine
learning package for astronomy with an associated textbook), as
well as the discussion session. (I hope no-one minds me pre-empting
the conference page, given the timing). I gather Erik will also be
sending an email regarding an AstroPy sprint. It's too bad the
timing & funding aren't good for some people this year but I think
this should be a good opportunity for a group of us to gain some
momentum on improving our platform together & learn about each
other's tools.

Cheers,

James