[AstroPy] Python packages in package managers

Sergio Pascual sergiopr at fis.ucm.es
Fri Mar 16 12:34:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I maintain some Python Astronomy packages in Fedora (to name a few:
pyfits, ATpy, asciitable...) If there are interested Fedorans in the
audience, there is always some room to comaintain packages or swap
reviews.

Regards, Sergio

2012/3/16 Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> As some of you already know, I've been working on adding various Python packages for Astronomy to MacPorts, a package manager on Mac. I think that adding at least some of the Astronomy packages to package managers on various platforms will make it a lot easier in future for people to get a full Python installation on Mac and Linux without having to resort to e.g. EPD or other package bundles, so if you are interested, I would definitely encourage you to find out how you can help add packages to various other packages managers.
>
> I'm happy to help with MacPorts, but making sure the packages are up to date, etc. is already quite a bit to keep track of, and there are still many astronomy packages that have yet to be added, so I can't help add the packages to other package managers. It would be really great if other people could volunteer to help with other package managers!
>
> If you can maintain the package descriptions in a particular package manager, just reply to this thread to let other people know!
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Sergio Pascual     http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~spr    +34 91 394 5018
gpg fingerprint: 5203 B42D 86A0 5649 410A F4AC A35F D465 F263 BCCC
Departamento de Astrofísica -- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)