[AstroPy] comments on coordinate system and wcs packages

Scott Ransom sransom at nrao.edu
Fri May 4 19:22:40 EDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 07:08 PM, Marshall Perrin wrote:

> On May 4, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Scott Ransom wrote:
>> To kind-of second this emotion, it's important to remember that a
>> lot of other non-O/IR data uses data cubes as well (such as
>> radio/mm/submm) and handling for this kind of thing is crucial for
>> them (CASA for EVLA and ALMA data heavily uses Python and works
>> with data cubes).
>
> Would you be willing to summarize a bit what the interface in CASA is
> like? I'll admit that looking at CASA is on my to-do list but I
> haven't made it there yet...
>
> - Marshall

I'd love to do this, but I really have no clue!  I've never even run it
-- I work on pulsars and we have all of our own custom software (much of
it in python).  I'll forward your query to some of the CASA folks, though.

Scott

--
Scott M. Ransom            Address:  NRAO
Phone:  (434) 296-0320               520 Edgemont Rd.