[AstroPy] Cross matching two source lists

Sergio Pascual sergiopr at fis.ucm.es
Fri May 11 05:10:08 EDT 2012

Well, I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for, but,
after some discussion in this list I created a package that
implementsthe Groth algorithm for catalogue matching:

A Pattern-Matching Algorithm for Two-Dimensional Coordinate Lists
Eduard J. Groth 1986 AJ 19, 5
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1986AJ.....91.1244G

The code is here: https://bitbucket.org/sergiopr/gmatch

Regards

2012/5/11 Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am looking for a Python package that can do arbitrary and efficient
> cross-matching of source lists, i.e. some kind of kd-tree that uses
> spherical rather than euclidean distances. Is anyone aware of such a
> package?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Sergio Pascual     http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~spr    +34 91 394 5018
gpg fingerprint: 5203 B42D 86A0 5649 410A F4AC A35F D465 F263 BCCC
Departamento de Astrofísica -- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)