[AstroPy] LaTeX packages for Units

Alexander Rudy arrudy at ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 9 19:14:45 EDT 2013

Hey AstroPy,

What packages (feel free to point me to the right page in the docs if I missed this) should I be using to get all of the units commands to show up correctly when I use astropy.units?

Specifically, when I use astropy.units.arcsec, I get $\second$. The only package I get when I google that command is "mathabx"[^1], which doesn't seem to be in TeXLive…

I'd be happy to throw together some basic documentation for the project on LaTeX symbols if it doesn't already exist (I don't see it in my github clone…)

~ Alex

[1]: http://milde.users.sourceforge.net/LUCR/Math/mathpackages/mathabx-symbols.pdf