[AstroPy] SOFA license letter (draft)

Tom Aldcroft aldcroft at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 18 15:32:11 EDT 2013

Following the long and useful discussion in the "astropy in Debian,
Scientific Linux" thread, I have taken a crack at drafting a letter that
can be used as the basis for discussion with SOFA board members or other
colleagues with influence.  It is also written somewhat in the form of a
petition.

This is just a draft, but I wanted to get the ball rolling.  It would be
very helpful if other affected parties (package managers, people with SOFA
dependencies) can pitch in with more details.  In particular there are two
open sections that I would hope Sergio and Ole can work on.

https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/SOFA-license-for-the-community

I think anyone with a github account can edit, but let me know otherwise.

Cheers,
Tom