[AstroPy] PyAVM 0.9.1 released

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:59:03 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce the release of PyAVM 0.9.1! PyAVM is a
lightweight pure-Python package which can be used to represent AVM
meta-data, as well as read it from any images and write it to PNG/JPEG
files with no additional dependencies (i.e. no XMP or image libraries
are required):

http://astrofrog.github.io/pyavm/

For more information about the AVM standard, see:

http://virtualastronomy.org/avm_metadata.php

In this release, the code has been completely refactored (and includes
code from the python-avm-library package, thanks to Amit Kapadia). The
package should now be much more robust, as well as validate user
input.

Please let me know if you run into any issues!

Cheers,
Tom