[AstroPy] APLpy 0.9.9 released!

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:09:16 EDT 2013

We are pleased to announce the release of APLpy 0.9.9! APLpy is a
Python module that makes it easy to interactively produce
publication-quality plots of astronomical images:

http://aplpy.github.io/

Since the last release, we've fixed a number of bugs reported by users
and improved stability. APLpy is fully-compatible with Python 2.6 to
3.3, and now requires Astropy (http://www.astropy.org) as its main
dependency instead of PyFITS and PyWCS. We have also added a number of
small features, including the ability to add labels to colorbars, and
the ability to save images to file objects rather than files on disks.
Note that users making use of the Montage Python wrapper and/or PyAVM
will need to update to the latest versions of these packages:

http://www.astropy.org/montage-wrapper/

http://astrofrog.github.io/pyavm/

The documentation is now hosted on ReadTheDocs:

https://aplpy.readthedocs.org/en/v0.9.9/

A full list of changes in this version can be found here:

https://raw.github.com/aplpy/aplpy/v0.9.9/CHANGES.rst

If you use pip or easy_install, you should now be able to update to 0.9.9:

pip install aplpy --upgrade

Note that if you are a Mac user, 0.9.9 will be available via MacPorts
later today (you will need to type 'sudo port selfupdate' to see it).

Please let us know if you have any issues with this release! The best
place to report any issues is via GitHub:

https://github.com/aplpy/aplpy/issues

Cheers,

The APLpy developers