[AstroPy] Astropy demo presentations

Aldcroft, Thomas aldcroft at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 9 11:07:04 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Adam Ginsburg
<adam.g.ginsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're going to demo astroquery, though, note that it will only
> work with astropy >=0.3, i.e. it requires the dev version of astropy
> right now.  astroquery relies on astropy.coordinates, which changed
> API between 0.2.x and 0.3.
>
> Following Tom Aldcroft's suggestions seems reasonable, but for the
> next month or two that probably means astroquery has to be left out.

Of course if astroquery is what you really want to highlight based on
your audience, then you should probably just do that part of the demo
with astropy dev + astroquery, with a caveat up front that this
functionality is "coming soon" to astropy stable.

- Tom