[AstroPy] Astropy 0.3 and TPV projection

Kyle Barbary kyle at anl.gov
Tue Dec 3 15:15:59 EST 2013

The TPV projection [1] is also being used by the Dark Energy Survey. I
think support for TPV would have to be implemented in Mark Calabretta's
wcslib C library, which underlies astropy.wcs. It seems like programs that
do support TPV generally use the "other" wcs library [2]. Does anyone know
if support for TPV is planned for wcslib?
It would be really nice to have.

[1] http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/registry/tpvwcs.html
[2] http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/software/wcstools/libwcs.subs.html