[AstroPy] astropy.cosmology

Rick White rlw at stsci.edu
Wed Dec 11 15:17:47 EST 2013

A problem with inverse angular diameter distance is that it is not a single-valued function. Luminosity & comoving distance both increase monotonically with redshift, so the inverse is unambiguous.  Angular diameter distance increases, then has a maximum and decreases as redshift increases.

So there would be some justification for providing inverses only for luminosity & comoving distance...