[AstroPy] Log rebin in python?

Eric Emsellem eric.emsellem at eso.org
Tue Feb 12 07:32:03 EST 2013

Hi

I was wondering if you would know of a simple package/module which would allow
one to rebin/resample a 'spectrum' from linear to log(lambda) (and the other way
around). It is not much to write it, but before I do so, I would like to know if
someone else did it (I would guess the answer is yes).

So a function which takes two 1D arrays: Lambda_lin, Flux and convert it in
Lambda_log and Flux, conserving the flux.

I see that Ian Crossfield has something like that on the web. But just wondering
if something exists as a stand-alone module.

thanks!

Eric