[AstroPy] [ANN] Happy New Year: It's a new PyFITS version

Sergio Pascual Ramírez sergiopr at fis.ucm.es
Thu Jan 3 20:14:20 EST 2013

Hi Erik,

the header files inside pyfits-3.0.10/src seem to be missing

When installing from PyPI, I get the following:

src/fits_hcompress.c:109:20: fatal error: fitsio.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

2013/1/3 Erik Bray <embray at stsci.edu>:
> Hello all,
>
> Today two new versions of PyFITS were released: 3.0.10 and 3.1.1.  These are
> both bug fix releases without any significant new features.  Many of the bug
> fixes in 3.1.1 were backported to 3.0.10 where applicable for those who have not
> yet upgraded to 3.1.x.  3.0.10 also included some slight tweaks to the header
> interface that should help ease the transition to 3.1.x.
>
> Otherwise most of the issues fixed are rare or minor. The full changelogs for
> both versions can be read here:
> http://packages.python.org/pyfits/appendix/changelog.html
>
> As usual, both new versions are available for download from PyPI:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyfits/3.1.1
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyfits/3.0.10
>
> PyFITS 3.1.1 will likely be the version included in the next release of
> stsci_python as well, barring any major issues that need to be fixed in the
> meantime.
>
> Let me know if there are any problems,
>
> Erik

Sergio Pascual     http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~spr    +34 91 394 5018
gpg fingerprint: 5203 B42D 86A0 5649 410A F4AC A35F D465 F263 BCCC
Departamento de Astrofísica -- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)