[AstroPy] Newbie installation problems

COLIN NAVIN colin.navin at students.mq.edu.au
Thu Jan 10 01:13:39 EST 2013

Hi

I am trying to install some packages as part of the installation process
outlined in Installing Scientific Python on the Python4Astronomers site.

I chose the EDP Academic distribution for Mac OSX 10.8 and installed the
core Python okay including gcc and gfortran.

When I come to the section about installing and checking additional
packages, some install fine (asciitable, pyfits and pyparsing). Others
(pywcs, atpy, aplpy, and pyregion) give installation errors. For example

pip install --upgrade pywcs

stops with an error message

wcslib/C/wcserr.c:140: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11

Please submit a full bug report,

See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.

Any help appreciated.

thanks