[AstroPy] Missing some statistical method for your astronomy analyses in Python?

Christoph Deil deil.christoph at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 02:42:45 EST 2013

Dear all,

we would like to know which statistical methods you want to use for you astronomy work with Python that are not readily available e.g. in scipy or one of the existing scientific Python packages like e.g. statsmodels, scikit-learn, astroML, …

Please visit the wiki page for what has already been suggested, then reply to this email or make an addition to the https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/What-methods-do-we-want-in-astropy.stats%3F  wiki page directly.

The plan is to add these methods either to astropy.stats or, if they are not astronomy-specific, to one of the existing scientific Python packages.

Christoph

PS: This discussion started as a thread on astropy-dev ( https://groups.google.com/d/topic/astropy-dev/Zwgafam171E/discussion ), but it was suggested to also ask here.