[AstroPy] Move this mailing list to a Google group?
deil.christoph at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 15 02:58:44 EST 2013
I would like to suggest to move this mailing list to a Google group.
Compare these two mailing lists:
- astropy -- what we currently have for this mailing list
- astropy-dev -- what it would look like as a Google group
I know switching a mailing list involves some pain, so let me highlight some of the advantages:
- Easily search the mailing list archives
- Easily respond to a thread even if you can't find the post you want to reply to in your mailing client.
- Easier signup / configuration of your membership
If we don't want to make the switch for this mailing list, my alternative suggestion would be to create a new astropy-users Google group specifically for the Astropy project ( http://www.astropy.org ).
What do you think?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AstroPy