[AstroPy] point in ellipse

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:48:01 EST 2013

Sure.

But I'm assuming you wanted more than that. I presume you are looking for a function to test if a coordinate (or array of coordinates) lies inside the ellipse or not. Yes, that can be done analytically. You want a python function that does that specifically? (No, I don't have one handy, but it shouldn't be hard to code).

Perry