[AstroPy] IRAF tasks to Astropy

Sofia Lianou slianou at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 15 17:57:12 EDT 2013

Of the three tasks mentioned below, the mkpattern and ccsetwcs can be dealt within astropy alone. The wregister is not clear how to deal with only using astropy or scipy, unless thinking of doing this from scratch. Thus, I am interested in alternatives to wregister within python (but not pyraf), with the following use:wregister input.fits reference.fits output.fits fluxconserve=yes

Thanks,
Sophia