[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 81, Issue 12

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 16:01:20 EDT 2013

I agree with the statement that we should very much separate the computation from the GUI. However GUIs are important tools for analysis and we should have at least a little bit of an idea what to recommend for affiliated packages. One of the projects in this SOCIS application is calling for a GUI and I think if we get a student on this, it would be interesting to get him to do a review of what's out there and maybe help us choose one or at least give us a better feel for the possibilities (I think the browser is the future, but I also don't quite know how to utilize that yet).

Cheers,
    Wolfgang