[AstroPy] Python equivalent of WVT Binning?

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 25 13:19:39 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM, <astropy-request at scipy.org> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:37:06 -0400
> From: Sumit Dahal <sd1759 at nyu.edu>
> Subject: [AstroPy] Python equivalent of WVT Binning?
> To: astropy at scipy.org
>
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to plot a hardness ratio map of 2 two-dimensional images.
> There is a WVT Binning algorithm for this online but it is written in IDL.
> I was wondering if there is any python equivalent of wvt_xraycolor from WVT
> binning.
>

> Thanks,
> Sumit

Sumit,

I don't know of a python equivalent to that IDL routine, but if you do have
IDL available and just prefer to use python (as I do), then you could use
pIDLy to run IDL routines within python.  As I say, you need to have IDL
installed to use it.

Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
fax: (617) 496-7577            USA