[AstroPy] Enthought Canopy vs. another distribution for Mac?

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Mon May 6 17:31:45 EDT 2013

Yeah, so we and STScI are also close to releasing a beta of Ureka,
with all the usual Python stuff like SciPy, Matplotlib etc. as well
as IRAF 2.16 and its external packages. That's what we'll be
recommending to our users. It's for Linux and Apple and doesn't
normally require root privileges. Sorry to add to your near-term
options :-).

Cheers,

James.

PS. No, Anaconda wasn't around when we started this.