[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 80, Issue 16

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:52:29 EDT 2013

Hi Robert,

BTW, Python can just call all those fancy C++ routines and provide
wrappers.

At the same time, I wonder if that LSST software can be used freely or will
have export restrictions ?

Cheers,

Paul

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Robert Lupton the Good <
rhl at astro.princeton.edu> wrote:

> > Axel will focus on developing the source detection and PSF-fitting
> functionality which are currently missing.
>
> As you may or may not know, LSST is putting a lot of effort into
> industrial-scale processing of CCD data and we have all this sort of thing
> working quite nicely.  LSST doesn't have the same goal as astropy (as LSST
> uses C++ classes), but we should stay in contact.

> P.S. if Obama's budget passes and LSST gets an MREFC start, I'll be hiring
> people...

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204927 (work) -276110 (home)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin
Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.