[AstroPy] volunteers sought for astropy wikipedia entry

RayS rays at blue-cove.com
Mon Nov 4 17:14:20 EST 2013

At 12:29 PM 11/4/2013, Thomas Robitaille wrote:
>- links to the affiliated packages

more need to be added

~28 institutions are added from http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/0004-6361/201322068

>- you could add a logo? (attached)

the logo should have a clear copyright statement associated,
Wikipedia is very picky, understandably
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Logo_of_the_Astropy_Project.png
As the logo of an organization, they want a Fair Use description, "To
the uploader: Please add a detailed
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Non-free_use_rationale_guideline>fair
use rationale for each use, as well as the source of the work and
copyright information. "

>Thanks for your work on this! In any case, make sure that you save the
>content you do write so that we can try again in future.

If others made occasional edits, the entry should be safe from the
deletion fanatics.

Glad to be of help to the Python community, but back to work for now
;)  Maybe someday I'll polish up my LX200 module...

- Ray S