[AstroPy] volunteers sought for astropy wikipedia entry

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Nov 4 18:33:03 EST 2013

On 04.11.2013, at 11:14PM, RayS <rays at blue-cove.com> wrote:

>> - 54 international developers have contributed so far, including
>> developers at notable institutions such the Space Telescope Science
>> Institute, the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, the Max
>> Planck Society, etc. (and you can link to their wikipedia pages)
>
> ~28 institutions are added from http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/0004-6361/201322068

Actually as it is the list almost appears a bit overwhelming (at least it quite dominates
the present page), but this will probably balance out as content to the main sections
is added...

>> Thanks for your work on this! In any case, make sure that you save the
>> content you do write so that we can try again in future.
>
> If others made occasional edits, the entry should be safe from the deletion fanatics.

I've added references to some Linux and OS X packages (Debian, MacPorts and Fink
being the only ones I was aware of right away - perhaps somewhere on the main
astropy page there could also be a list of packages and maintainers?).
And I back-referenced the page from the FITS page, hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for your efforts as well!

						Derek