[AstroPy] volunteers sought for astropy wikipedia entry

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Nov 4 19:31:09 EST 2013

Hi Philip,

On 05.11.2013, at 1:02AM, Philip Tait <philip at naoj.org> wrote:

> Would it help to have links to major projects using Astropy, e.g.: http://www.naoj.org/Projects/HSC/
>
> Let me know if I can help.

thanks for the link; yes, it seems external links and cross-references to/from other
Wikipedia pages are the main support to show this is not just some sort of inbred
project! It would probably be even better if there is an online reference to the use
of astropy on that page. But I'd say this fits perfectly into the ==Use== section proposed
by Ray:

> The Python main page
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29
> is a good example.
> Look at the sections it incorporates, and think of where published
> items could be added to Astropy - I think ==Use== and ==Impact==
> would be good to include, and professionals' entries included therein
> with <ref> tags.

Since Ray has taken care of the page and its overall architecture, I'd leave it up to him
how to include this best.

Cheers,
						Derek