[AstroPy] volunteers sought for astropy wikipedia entry

RayS rays at blue-cove.com
Mon Nov 4 20:40:48 EST 2013

At 04:31 PM 11/4/2013, Derek Homeier wrote:
><snip>
>thanks for the link; yes, it seems external links and
>cross-references to/from other
>Wikipedia pages are the main support to show this is not just some
>sort of inbred
>project! It would probably be even better if there is an online
>reference to the use
>of astropy on that page. But I'd say this fits perfectly into the
>==Use== section proposed

I added the use section, and added a few starters; the methodology
was to use Google Scholar to search for references:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?start=10&q=astropy&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5
then use <ref>{{cite  ...  }}</ref> template to insert the references
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_templates
Ex:
<ref>{{cite journal
| url=http://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.5851v4
| title=Discovery and redshift of an optical afterglow in 71 square
degrees: iPTF13bxl and GRB 130702A
}}</ref>

There are of course a lot more...

  -Ray S