[AstroPy] X marks the spot

William Schoenell wschoenell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:32:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

There is some effort on developing a matplotlib-compatible API to do these
plots... I saw few weeks ago but did not tried. Take a look on this link:
https://github.com/astropy/astropy-api/blob/master/wcs_axes/wcs_api.md

Cheers,

William

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Tim Jenness <tim.jenness at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Demitri Muna <demitri.muna at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> If I have a FITS file and a coordinate, does anyone have a template piece
>> of code that would load the image, display it, and draw an x on the
>> coordinate(s) I provide?
>>

> pyast is designed for this. The Plot classes are specifically there to
> support what you are asking. You define a Plot and then a mapping from your
> world coordinates to the plot window. It goes both ways so supports the
> feedback of you getting an ra/dec from a position on the plot as well as
> putting markers and lines on the plot using ra/dec.
>
> --
> Tim Jenness

William Schoenell
Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía - CSIC
Glorieta de la Astronomía, s/n. E-18008
Granada - Spain
Work Phone: +34 958 230 626