[AstroPy] Buridan's ass-----what combo should I choose?

Brandon Doyle bjd2385 at rit.edu
Fri Aug 15 04:47:08 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Problem using Astropy this morning. Input code:

# Import Modules:

> import aplpy
>
> import pyfits
>
> from numpy import *
>
> import matplotlib as plt
>
> import montage as montage_wrapper
>
> import PIL
>

>> # Begin convert images w/header/pyfits
>
> r = pyfits.open('3c324IR.fits')
>
> b = pyfits.open('3c324UVIS.fits')
>
> g = pyfits.open('3c5GHZ.fits')
>

>> r.info()
>
> g.info()
>
> b.info()
>

>> print(r[1].header)
>
> print(g[1].header)
>
> print(b[1].header)
>

>> r1 = r[1].data
>
> g1 = g[0].data
>
> b1 = b[1].data
>

>> hdu = pyfits.PrimaryHDU(r1)
>
> hdulist = pyfits.HDUList([hdu])
>
> hdulist.writeto('r.fits')
>

>> hdu = pyfits.PrimaryHDU(g1)
>
> hdulist = pyfits.HDUList([hdu])
>
> hdulist.writeto('g.fits')
>

>> hdu = pyfits.PrimaryHDU(b1)
>
> hdulist = pyfits.HDUList([hdu])
>
> hdulist.writeto('b.fits')
>

>> # Begin Code:
>

>> aplpy.make_rgb_cube(['r.fits','g.fits','b.fits'], '3c_324_rgb.fits')
>

>> aplpy.make_rgb_image('3c_324_rgb.fits','3c_324_rgb.png')
>

>> f = aplpy.FITSFigure('3c_324_rgb.fits')
>
> f.show_rgb()
>
> f.save('3c_324_rgb2.png')
>

>> print 'END'

​output from server:

​

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "test9.py", line 47, in <module>

    aplpy.make_rgb_cube(['r.fits','g.fits','b.fits'], '3c_324_rgb.fits')

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/aplpy/rgb.py", line 309, in
> make_rgb_cube

    montage.mMakeHdr(images_raw_tbl, header_hdr, north_aligned=north,
> system=system, equinox=equinox)

  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/montage_wrapper/commands.py", line
> 1468, in mMakeHdr

    return status.parse_struct("mMakeHdr", p.stdout.read().strip())

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/montage_wrapper/status.py",
> line 33, in parse_struct

    result = Struct(command, string)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/montage_wrapper/status.py",
> line 70, in __init__

    raise MontageError("%s: %s" % (command, self.msg))

montage_wrapper.status.MontageError: mMakeHdr: Invalid table file:
> /tmp/tmpmyYyN7/images_raw.tbl

​I'm not sure what to make of it...any ideas?

Brandon Doyle​