[AstroPy] The acknowledgment generator

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:27:22 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

In an effort to try and improve how often the community acknowledges
open source tools in papers, I have made a little webpage where one can
easily generate an acknowledgment section for a paper, with proper
citations where relevant:

  http://astrofrog.github.io/acknowledgment-generator/

I have described this in more detail in this blog post:

  http://astrofrog.github.io/blog/2014/12/07/acknowledgment-generator/

At the moment you will notice that the database does not have much in
it, so I would like to invite any of you who have developed packages,
web services, or are involved in observatories and would like to include
a standard acknowledgment in this tool to contribute your entries! See:

  https://github.com/astrofrog/acknowledgment-generator#i-want-to-help

for more details on how to contribute. If you are familiar with the
GitHub development model, you can just do a quick pull request, but you
can contribute even if you are not familiar with git (see link above).

Also, if anyone is familiar with javascript and wants to help me address
other issues with the webpage, let me know!

Cheers,
Tom